Join / RSVP on Meetup:
Criteria to join this group:
- All ages (18+) and body types (skinny, chubby, bear, muscular) welcome.
- Visual artist (beginner to experienced). All non-smelly dry and wet mediums excluding photography.
- Comfortable being nude with fellow artists, willing to pose naked for other artists.
- Photo in profile (headshot/face preferred)
Information and Rules:
- Second Tuesday of each month, subject to change. Additional sessions on other days may be scheduled.
- Multiple locations. Address given to members only.
- RSVP via Meetup preferred.
- Donation: $10 (surplus will be donated to the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art).
- Arrive between 6:30 – 7:00 PM. Doors locked at 7:05. No late arrivals.
- 7:00 – 7:15 everyone sets up
- 7:15 – 9:45 drawing session (2-1/2 hours)
- 9:45 – 10:00 everyone cleans up
- Full nudity of all participants is expected for the duration of the session. Footwear is recommended when not on the model stand. Coat rack/hangers provided.
- All artists are expected to pose on the model stand at least once, depending on total number of participants. 2-person poses welcome/encouraged. Erotic/sensual poses on the model stand permitted.
- Creating interesting poses is the group’s collective responsibility. Each artist should think about his possible poses in advance while the other artists should offer friendly suggestions. Additionally, the group will gather photo images for future reference.
- Occasional outside model to be considered if the group wants. Additional fee to cover model fee for those sessions.
- Artists are encouraged to share their work by taping their work to the wall as the evening progresses.
- Photography of persons prohibited.
- Sexual activity prohibited; this is not a hook-up event.
- Bring a towel/shirt to sit on. Please be hygienic.
- Artists to sign a release to publish photos of their artwork done during session on the group’s sites and social media. Confidentiality will be respected.
Volunteer roles (all can be rotating, multiple people):
- Picking up refreshments, artists are welcome to bring additional snacks to share
- Photographer(s) to document artwork
- Music (studio’s player has CD, dock for iPod/iPhone 4, cable/earphone jack for iPhone 5 or higher)
- Posting to social media
- Researching interesting poses – all artists